Useful Links

  • Global Experience Ontario
  • Learn English or French
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
  • How to apply

Respiratory Therapist

Working in Ontario

Respiratory therapists work in the health care system to treat respiratory and cardio-respiratory disorders. Internationally trained respiratory therapists who are interested in working in Ontario should contact the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario. You must be registered with the College to work in Ontario as a respiratory therapist.

Getting Help

Entry to practice requirements: You can find information on how you can practise as a regulated respiratory therapist in Ontario on HealthForceOntario.

Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.


HealthForceOntario offers a number of services to health professionals, including a recruitment centre and jobs listing service.

Regulatory Body

College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 2103
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Telephone: 416-591-7800
Toll Free: 1-800-261-0528
Fax: 416-591-7890

Learning More

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit Job Bank.

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Do you have questions about working in your profession or trade? If so, ask

Go back to the Find Your Profession page

Go back to the Work in Your Profession page