Useful Links

  • Global Experience Ontario
  • Learn English or French
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
  • How to apply

Real Estate Agent

Working in Ontario

Real estate agents and salespersons act as agents representing buyers and sellers for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate.

To work as a real estate agent in Ontario you must register with the Real Estate Council of Ontario. Contact the Council directly for more details.

Getting Help

Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.


Global Experience Ontario helps internationally trained and educated individuals in regulated non-health professions find out how to qualify for professional practice in Ontario.

Bridge training programs: Financial Services

Regulatory Body

Real Estate Council of Ontario
3300 Bloor Street West, Suite 1200, West Tower
Toronto, ON M8X 2X2
Telephone: 416-207-4800
Toll free 1-800-245-6910
Fax: 416-207-4820

Learning More

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit Job Bank.

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Do you have questions about working in your profession or trade? If so, ask

Go back to the Find Your Profession page

Go back to the Work in Your Profession page