Useful Links

  • Global Experience Ontario
  • Learn English or French
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
  • How to apply

Insurance Broker

Working in Ontario

A registered insurance broker sells life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance brokers are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship.

The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) is the regulatory body responsible for issuing licenses in the profession. You must register with RIBO before you can work as an insurance broker in Ontario. You can review the registration requirements or contact RIBO directly to find out more.

Getting Help

Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.

Regulatory Body

Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario
401 Bay Street, Suite 1200, P.O. Box 45
Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
Telephone: 416-365-1900
Toll Free: 1-800-265-3097
Fax: 416-365-7664

Learning More

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit Job Bank.

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Did you know? Global Experience Ontario helps internationally trained and educated individuals in regulated non-health professions find out how to qualify for professional practice in Ontario.

Do you have questions about working in your profession or trade? If so, ask

Go back to the Find Your Profession page

Go back to the Work in Your Profession page