Useful Links

  • Global Experience Ontario
  • Learn English or French
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
  • How to apply

Human Resources Professional

Working in Ontario

Human Resources Professionals are regulated in Ontario by The Human Resources Professionals Association. If you are an internationally trained human resources professional, you can contact the Human Resources Professionals Association to find out how you can become licensed to practise as a human resources professional in Ontario.

Tools and Information

The Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) offers news, information and other resources for internationally educated professionals. This includes a Certification Guide for Internationally Educated Professionals.

To learn more, visit the section of the HRPA website for internationally educated applicants.

Getting Help

Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.


Global Experience Ontario helps internationally trained and educated individuals in regulated non-health professions find out how to qualify for professional practice in Ontario.

Regulatory Body

The Human Resources Professionals Association
150 Bloor Street West, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5S 2X9
Telephone: 416-923-2324
Toll Free: 11-800-387-1311 (North America)
Fax: 416-923-7264

Learning More

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit Job Bank.

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Do you have questions about working in your profession or trade? If so, ask