Useful Links

  • Global Experience Ontario
  • Learn English or French
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
  • How to apply

Engineering Technician or Technologist

Working in Ontario

In Ontario, certification for engineering/applied science technicians and technologists is available through the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT). Once certified as members of OACETT, technicians and technologists can use the titles:

  • Certified Technician (C.Tech.)
  • Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.)
  • Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T.)

Tools and Information

The Ontario Government has partnered with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists to create a Career Map for internationally trained engineering technicians and technologists. The Career Map explains in detail every step of the registration process including language requirements, industry trends, labour market conditions, the credential assessment process, licensing fees and other important information.

Getting Help

Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.


Global Experience Ontario helps internationally trained and educated individuals in regulated non-health professions find out how to qualify for professional practice in Ontario.

Regulatory Body

Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians & Technologists (OACETT)
10 Four Seasons Place, Suite 404
Etobicoke, ON M9B 6H7
Phone: 416-621-9621
Fax: 416-621-8694

Learning More

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit Job Bank.

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Do you have questions about working in your profession or trade? If so, ask

Go back to the Find Your Profession page

Go back to the Work in Your Profession page