Useful Links

  • Global Experience Ontario
  • Learn English or French
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
  • How to apply


Working in Ontario

You can contact the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario for information on how to become registered as a dentist in Ontario. The College has posted the registration requirements for internationally trained dentists on its website.

Tools and Information

The Ontario Government has partnered with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario to create a Career Map for internationally trained dentists. The Career Map explains in detail every step of the registration process including language requirements, labour market conditions, the credential assessment process, licensing fees and other important information.

Getting Help

Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.

Entry to practice requirements: You can find information on how you can practise as a regulated dentist in Ontario on HealthForceOntario.


HealthForceOntario offers a number of services to health professionals, including a recruitment centre and jobs listing service.

Regulatory Body

Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
6 Crescent Road
Toronto, ON M4W 1T1
Phone: 416-961-6555
Toll Free: 1-800-565-4591
Fax: 416-961-5814

Learning More

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit Job Bank.

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Do you have questions about working in your profession or trade? If so, ask

Go back to the Find Your Profession page

Go back to the Work in Your Profession page