Work in Your Profession
Bridge Training Programs
Bridge training programs help qualified internationally trained individuals move quickly into the labour market in Ontario. They assess your existing skills and competencies, compared to Ontario employer expectations. They provide training and Canadian workplace experience without duplicating what you have already learned.
Some bridge training programs offer mentoring opportunities with established professionals to help you become certified or registered in your field.
Each bridge training program is different and may provide you with:
- An assessment of your education and skills
- Clinical or workplace experience
- Skills training or targeted academic training programs
- Preparation for a licence or certification examination
- Language training for your profession or trade
- Individual learning plans to identify any added training you may need
For programs aimed at other professions and trades or that are not specific to any particular occupation, please refer to this list of other bridge training programs.