Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program: Human Capital Priorities Stream
This stream enables the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) to nominate individuals who have qualified for Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) Express Entry pool and who have the required education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other characteristics to help them successfully establish and integrate into Ontario’s labour market and communities.
How does the Stream work?
- You must register for CIC’s Express Entry system. Once you do, you will receive an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code (also known as Candidate Identifier Code). You will need these to complete your Nominee Application Form.
- When you register for Express Entry, you must indicate your interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories.”
- You must qualify for one of two CIC economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- See Application Guide for more information on the FSWP and CEC criteria or visit the CIC website.
- OINP searches the Express Entry pool and identifies potential candidates who:
- Have a minimum score of 400 on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) in CIC’s Express Entry system, and
- Meet the criteria of Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream (see Section 2 for more information).
- If OINP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite you to apply to OINP for nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
- After you receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account, you have 45 days to apply to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
- To apply, fill out the Nominee Application Form (see Section 4 for instructions on completing the form) and ensure that you have all the required supporting documents (see Section 3).
- All applicants must indicate which federal immigration program they wish to be assessed against: FSWP or CEC.
- OINP will assess your nomination according to the Human Capital Priorities Stream eligibility criteria. Your application will also be assessed to ensure you meet the FSWP or CEC criteria.
- If your application is approved by Ontario, you will receive a letter from OINP through your MyCIC account notifying you of your nomination. You have 30 days to accept the nomination from Ontario in the Express Entry system.
- Nomination from Ontario will give you an additional 600 CRS points and you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency from CIC.
- Once you receive an invitation to apply from CIC, you have 60 days to apply to CIC for permanent residency.
- During the assessment of applications for permanent residency, CIC reviews applicants for admissibility, including health, security, and criminality checks as per Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. CIC will also verify all information provided by applicants to register for Express Entry.